Why Join the Iowa State Chapter of APSE?
APSE members are the foundation of advocacy for integrated employment. There truly is strength in numbers at local, regional, state-wide and national levels.
When you join APSE, you become a member of the National and State Chapter!
Access to cutting edge, integrated employment news and information
- Alerted to APSE policy action steps, through monthly and real-time updates with insights on policy issues
- Access to APSE’s Professional Development resources, with available discounts on trainings at the national and local level, as well as e-newsletters, webinars, and integrated employment news and information
- Availability to access the Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation (JVR), the premier vocational rehabilitation journal
- Pertinent Membership Updates from the APSE Executive Director, National Board of Directors, and Iowa Chapter Board
- Voting status in board elections as a National and Iowa APSE Member
Gain insights into vital public policy issues
- Access to Julie Christensen at National APSE as the APSE Director for Policy and Advocacy. Julie is familiar with Iowa’s Employment First efforts and goals. Julie spent time in Iowa working with the University of Iowa UCEDD. She is a champion for all people with disabilities and the employment support professionals who support their career goals.
- Receive national and state action alerts
- Impact federal and state legislative action
APSE members receive discounted rates for:
- Annual National Conference
- Iowa annual conference and other regional events
- Iowa APSE ACRE Trainings for you and your staff
- Webinar series that offer Continuing Education and CRC credit
- On-line courses
- Consultation and strategic planning to increase integrated employment opportunities
- CESP Continuing Education credits for recertification
Expand networking resources
- Network with over 3,000 members, including leaders in integrated employment, businesses, citizens with disabilities and families, providers and policy makers
- Receive assistance in locating service providers or individuals from your state and region
- Serve in a leadership capacity through chapter and national committees. Obtain referral services for employers, rehabilitation organizations, and citizens with disabilities or their family members
Who Should Join?
Membership is open to anyone who wants to be a part of a grassroots network committed to ensuring that integrated employment continues to grow and improve for people with disabilities.