Join us for the Iowa APSE Conference 2023
Meet others who care and advocate for the employment of people with disabilities.
Take away key learning about how to support an inclusive workforce.
Earn Continuing Education credits toward your CESP or CRC credentials.
This statewide event is the only Iowa conference focused solely on advancing competitive integrated employment for individuals with disabilities.
We bring in the best of the best! National, state, and local leaders focused on advancing employment equity for people with disabilities.
Hotel registration :
Sheraton West Des Moines Hotel
1800 50th St, West Des Moines, IA 50266
BIG THANK YOU to our 2023 Event Sponsors
Iowa APSE celebrates professionals, employers, and self-advocates for their contributions to Employment First.
IOWA APSE 2023 AWARD NOMINEES
Professional Award - This award recognizes an IA-APSE member for outstanding state-of-the-art practices and professional achievements in Employment First as a Job Coach, Job Developer, Employment Specialist, or others in the profession.
- Shun Prothro, WESCO Industries, Denison IA
- Chris Klocke, New Hope, Carroll IA
- Vienna Hoang, Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation, Des Moines IA
- Suzie Paulson, Iowa Vocational Rehabilitation, Des Moines IA
- Mandy Hatten, Hope Haven Area Development Center, Burlington IA
Personal Achievement Award - This award recognizes the achievement of a person with a disability through integrated employment or self-employment.
- Adam Miller, Shearer's, Burlington IA
Advocacy Award - This award recognizes an outstanding advocate for the employment of individuals with disabilities in Iowa. Advocates create opportunities, influence policy and champion the Employment First philosophy that employment is the first priority and preferred outcome of publicly funded services for people with disabilities.
- Julie Rowe, One Vision, Fort Dodge IA
- Mistie Johnson, Disability Rights Iowa, Klemme IA
- Ken Hyndman, Southeast Iowa Link (SEIL), Burlington IA
Employer Award - This award recognizes an employer who practices inclusive hiring and who values the contributions of persons with disabilities in the workforce.
- VGM Fulfillment, VGM Fulfillment, Waterloo IA
- Kevin Reinke, Culvers, Carroll IA
- Melanie Zimmerman, Boyer Restaurants Inc. - Village Inn, Cedar Falls IA
- Ross Hopper, Burlington Notre Dame School, Burlington IA