Articles & Publications
- Possibilities in Education and Training (2018)
- The Great Debate: The Shift from Sheltered Workshops to Competitive Integrated Employment, Iowa Department of Human Rights, (2018)
- The Iowa Employment First Guidebook (2017) is intended for community-based case managers, care managers, service coordinators, and integrated health home care coordinators.
- Thought Sauce! Hot Ideas for Cool Employment by Griffin-Hammis Associates, LLC & the Center for Social Capital, Inc. (2012)
- Iowa APSE held a Summit and released a White Paper entitled “Iowa’s Employment First Initiative – A Call for Change of Historical Proportion” (2009). This Summit and White Paper represented some of the earliest E1st activities in our state.
Videos & Webinars
- The Iowa Coalition for Integrated Employment (ICIE) provides Iowa Community of Practice Webinars. These monthly webinars cover topics of interest to Supported Employment services in Iowa. To sign up for the mailing list or if you have questions, contact Jessica Kreho with the Iowa Coalition for Integration and Employment at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Center for Disabilities and Development (CDD), Iowa’s UCEDD, in partnership with Iowa’s Division of Mental Health and Disability Services (MHDS) produced and presented a webinar series on Employment First Concepts and practice. CDD staff, Tammie Amsbaugh, and MHDS staff, Lin Nibbelink, developed a webinar series to cover the major areas of interest.
Links to the Webinars:
- Employment First Foundations, 37 minutes, 6/29/17
- Informed Choice & Person-Centered Planning, 29 minutes, 6/29/17
- Talking with Parents & Others, 23 minutes, 7/18/17
- Evidence-Based Practice, 33 minutes, 7/20/17
- Data & Outcomes, 43 minutes, 7/20/17